The Dayspring system is an FDA-cleared, prescription-only, active gradient sequential compression treatment indicated for lymphedema, venous insufficiency, and reducing wound healing time. It is an adjunctive treatment intended for use in a clinic or home setting by medical professionals and patients who are under medical supervision.
For full usage and prescribing information, see Directions for Use
The Dayspring system is indicated for the treatment of lymphedema, chronic edema, venous insufficiency, and to reduce wound healing time. For full usage and prescribing information, see Directions for Use.
It is the first and only wearable, dynamic active compression system that is not plugged into the wall, enabling essential movement and mobility during treatment. This advanced lymphedema and venous treatment provides active compression while minimizing interference with daily activities.
Talk with your provider about your treatment options and see if Dayspring is right for you. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more
Dayspring is built upon an innovative, non-pneumatic (airless), mobile platform using Koya’s patented Flexframe(™) technology. Flexframes are highly durable, spring-like segments that use shape-memory alloy (SMA) that contracts and relaxes when connected to the Dayspring controller.
SMA has widely been used in medical technologies to treat a variety of conditions and is weaved into the garment to deliver controlled and customizable therapeutic compression similar to those provided by traditional pumps. Dayspring provides the treatment you need while allowing you the freedom of motion and making natural muscle contractions and joint movement possible.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Each Dayspring system comes with the following:
• Smart Controller
• Made to measure Garment, Liner, and Foot Wrap or Gauntlet depending on treatment region
• Directions for Use and Quick Start Guide
• Travel case
• Free companion app that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play
Dayspring has been evaluated and studied across multiple clinical studies which have consistently demonstrated that the system is safe and effective, both after acute-use in the clinic and after extended in-home use.
In the most recent randomized multicenter study, Dayspring demonstrated statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvements in edema volume reduction, quality of life, and adherence when compared with a traditional pneumatic pump (E652 device).
For our up-to-date research and publications information, visit our publications page and sign up for for our newsletter.
Dayspring is available through a prescription from a licensed healthcare provider. The product is currently available in the US.
If you need help locating a provider or if you are a healthcare provider, please contact us email@example.com for more information or schedule a one on one demo.
Returns will be accepted only under one of the following conditions: 1) warranty repair or replacement as defined by the warranty policy in the Instructions for Use, 2) in cases where the patient's insurance claim has been denied after exhausting appeals as outlined in the patient benefits review form, or 3) if Koya Medical made an error in order processing or shipping.
Dayspring is currently covered by several national commercial and regional health plans and that list is growing. Cost will vary depending on the individual’s eligibility and benefits as insurance coverage varies plan by plan.
Our team of experienced and knowledgeable specialists stand ready to assist you with all your insurance and financing needs.
Let’s get you started by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org so we may provide you with personalized support.
Before cleaning, ensure the Controller is turned off and disconnected from the Garment and Charging Cable.
To clean the Controller and the Garment, wipe the Controller and Garment with a clean damp cloth or an alcohol wipe and let air dry before starting treatment.
The Liners can be laundered.
See the Dayspring directions for Use for full cleaning and caring instructions.
• Biocompatible materials customary for use with medical devices
• Professional grade materials commonly used in high-end consumer electronics
• Breathable fabric mesh designed to maximize comfort and cleaning
• Moisture-wicking, cool and dry knit materials
See the Dayspring Directions for Use for more information.
Yes, the ability to travel with your Dayspring system is important for adhering to your prescribed therapy when you’re on the go.
• Due to its rechargeable battery, and to protect it from being lost or damaged, your Dayspring system should be taken as a carry-on and not packed in your checked luggage.
• When passing through security, it’s best to carry it in the Koya carrying case along with the user manual in case an agent asks for clarification of its purpose. It can also be helpful to bring your script or a letter from your doctor just in case.
Denial Letters are common, and often do not represent the insurance company’s final decision. Please keep in mind that Koya Medical’s Patient Advocates will work with your insurance company to have your Dayspring approved. Upon receiving a Denial Letter, you do not need to take any action unless we request follow-up information from you, and you do not need to make any payments. We will continue to advocate for you! You may continue to use your Dayspring as directed by your healthcare provider.
The Lymphedema Treatment Act goes into effect 1/1/2024. As part of the LTA, the following items will be covered under Medicare Part B for patients diagnosed with lymphedema:
• Standard and custom fitted gradient compression garments
• Gradient compression wraps with adjustable straps
• Compression bandaging systems•
Medicare Coverage Frequency:
• 3 (three) daytime garments or wraps with adjustable straps for each affected limb or area of the body, replaced every 6 months.
• 2 (two) nighttime garments for each affected limb or area of the body, replaced once every 24 months or 2 years
For more information, contact your healthcare provider.